Give color to node

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bstewart1
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Give color to node

Post by bstewart1 » 18 Oct 2016 12:40

I am trying to visualise a biological network.
I would like to give each node a unique color and am trying to use the plugin "give color to node".
I am aware that this doesn't work in 0.9 so am using 0.8.2.
I'm using OSX sierra
I have an attribute named color which has a hex label for each node, but I get the error "no node attribute containing "color" or "colour" could be found".
When I first start install I get an message saying: "the module named... org.gephi.data.attrributes.api was needed and not found... the module named org.gephi.tools.api was needed and not found... the module named org.gephi.graph.api was needed and not found... the module named org.gepi.project.api was needed and not found"

So I think the answer is to load/install these api, and despite looking quite hard I still don't have any ideas how to do this?

Anyone know?

B

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Give color to node

Post by eduramiba » 18 Oct 2016 13:01

Hi, 0.8.2 plugins don't work in 0.9+

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 18 Oct 2016 13:03

If you are using 0.8.2 and still does not work try to install updates (check instructions at https://github.com/gephi/gephi/releases/tag/v0.8.2)

bstewart1

Post by bstewart1 » 18 Oct 2016 13:57

Using 0.8.2
Updates are all installed and the source URLS correct.

Is it not something to do with the .api?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 18 Oct 2016 14:17

This error ("org.gephi.data.attrributes.api was needed and not found...") should not happen in 0.8.2.

Did you install the plugin manually with a downloaded nbm? Try to uninstall it in Tools - Plugins menu, then reinstall the plugin from that dialog.

bstewart1

Post by bstewart1 » 18 Oct 2016 16:37

Hi thanks for your advice.
I uninstalled 0.8.2 -> reinstalled 0.8.2 -> downloaded the plugin from tools menu -> It now works coloring my nodes but only if I copy the colors into a new attribute column in R.
Happy to live with that comprimise for the time being.
Possibly we'll get a color to node in 0.9 some time in the not too distant?

Thanks,
B