Connecting to Oracle DB?

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Masterbuck
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Connecting to Oracle DB?

Post by Masterbuck » 07 Oct 2016 15:24

Hi everyone,

I've worked with XLS files with Gephi for some time and everything was fine. I'm trying to connect Gephi to an Oracle databse now though, and get a nasty NullPointerException.

I used the Oracle driver from the Gephi website (https://gephi.org/plugins/#/plugin/oracle-driver) and when trying to connect to the database, I get the following error message:

Code: Select all

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at uk.co.oracletroubadour.gephi.plugins.OracleDriver.getConnection(OracleDriver.java:109)
	at org.gephi.io.importer.plugin.database.ImporterEdgeList.importData(ImporterEdgeList.java:111)
	at org.gephi.io.importer.plugin.database.ImporterEdgeList.execute(ImporterEdgeList.java:87)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException
	at org.gephi.io.importer.plugin.database.ImporterEdgeList.execute(ImporterEdgeList.java:90)
	at org.gephi.io.importer.impl.ImportControllerImpl.importDatabase(ImportControllerImpl.java:213)
	at org.gephi.desktop.importer.DesktopImportControllerUI$12.run(DesktopImportControllerUI.java:475)
Caused: java.lang.RuntimeException
	at org.gephi.desktop.importer.DesktopImportControllerUI$12.run(DesktopImportControllerUI.java:481)
[catch] at org.gephi.utils.longtask.api.LongTaskExecutor$RunningLongTask.run(LongTaskExecutor.java:274)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Any idea where to go next? This isn't my strong suit...

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Connecting to Oracle DB?

Post by eduramiba » 08 Oct 2016 17:55

Hi,
Do you have the Oracle client installed and ORACLE_HOME environment variable set up?

Masterbuck

Post by Masterbuck » 10 Oct 2016 08:55

Hi,

I have Squirrel SQL running and connecting to the DB, so I'm guessing the answer to the first question is yes if by oracle client, you mean a db driver.
As for ORACLE_HOME, I'm not sure how to check that. I know I haven't had to do anything special for Squirrel SQL (I did have one for JAVA_HOME, so I would remember), so I haven't touched/checked it.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 10 Oct 2016 16:47

You will need to install Oracle Instant Client for example http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/datab ... 97480.html as the plugin instructions say 'No Oracle code is packaged in this module'.

Masterbuck

Post by Masterbuck » 10 Oct 2016 16:59

I will try that then and come back with news, thanks!