Edge Color Based on Attribute (Weight)

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
kafkaesquire
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Edge Color Based on Attribute (Weight)

Post by kafkaesquire » 06 Oct 2016 21:30

I'm using Gephi 0.9.1 and am attempting to color edges based on the weight attribute such that the edges will be colored based on the color gradient I specify. I've tried all of the spline configurations, but no matter what the edge colors are all one extreme or the other. I think this has to do with my weight values all being above 1, but I seem to remember being able to adjust a range in previous versions of Gephi. Has this feature been removed or moved? All I'm attempting to do is color the edges based on the weight attribute such that range of colors adequately depict the edge weights. Any suggestions regarding how to go about doing this in Gephi 0.9.1 would be much appreciated as I haven't had any luck researching this online. Thanks in advance!
combined.jpg
Edge colors staying only at extremes, weight data

luizchamon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Edge Color Based on Attribute (Weight)

Post by luizchamon » 15 Oct 2016 23:57

I am having the exact same problem: the edge colors stick only to the extreme color of the gradient. I have tried changing the range of the weights to no effect. Any solution is welcome. Thanks!

luizchamon

Post by luizchamon » 16 Oct 2016 14:44

I managed to make it work by changing the column name to something other than "Weight". Apparently, "Weight" does not work for edge coloring, but using an additional column with the same data and different name provides a workaround. This is probably a bug...

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 16 Oct 2016 14:45

Not sure about this, it must be a bug. Can you report it at https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues ?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 26 Oct 2016 22:28

Hi, this was reported previously and is now fixed https://github.com/gephi/gephi/issues/1469