Scripting Plugin Colors

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mjannis
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Scripting Plugin Colors

Post by mjannis » 01 Aug 2016 14:25

Dear Gephi users,

I am trying to write a script for visualizing social networks in Gephi. The Data is provided in .csv files. They contain about 20 to 60 Nodes connected to each other with different weights. Most important is setting the color, and size of the nodes in relation to the degree of the node. In addition I want to color the edges in relation to their weight.
I wrote a "manual" for clicking through the needed steps but since other people have to do exactly the same steps I do, there is a significant source for errors.

Now I am looking for any tutorials or help especially regarding the usage of the appearance api via a script. The wiki-page regarding the scripting plugin helped me in unterstanding how to run the layout and how to run the finished script later on.

I hope you can help me, or provide usefull sources of information regarding my needs.

sincerely

Jannis

Here's the manual I wrote with all steps after importing the .csv.
5. „Appearance“:
a. Nodes (Color)-> Attribute -> Out-Degree -> Default -> yellow-blue-progression -> Apply
b. Nodes (Size) -> Attribute -> Out-Degree -> Min size 35, Max size 70 -> Apply
c. Edges (Color) -> Attribute -> Weight -> Color -> Default -> yellow-blue-progression -> Apply

6. Layout: Fruchtermann Reingold

7. In „Data Laboratory“ click „Duplicate Column“
a. copy column „Weight“, giv it a name (here Weight-copy). Type „String“
b. „Search / Replace“ for „.0“ in „Weight-copy“
c. „Copy Data to other Column“, choose Weight-copy, copy to „Label“.

8. Preview
a. Node Labels
i. Show labels X
ii. Proportional size O
b. Edges
i. Show Edges X
c. Edge Labels
i. Show Labels X

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable