API problem with concurrent access

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mguliani
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
API problem with concurrent access

Post by mguliani » 12 Jun 2016 05:38

Hi,

I am pretty new to Gephi and trying to use the Java API in my project.

Got it working for a single graph with the help of online examples available and some dummy static data.

But the problem is when more I call the graph generator function simultaneously from more than one browsers, it fails with random errors:
- Column doesn't exist on appearanceController.transform( centralityRanking );
- Node id already exists
- Layout fails
- View not found etc..

All of these errors keep popping up just randomly on one or both the graphs.

There is no pattern to the occurrence of errors.

According to my understanding for every access to this graph function, a new instance of projectController, project and workspace must be created and eventually, no conflict should occur..

But that doesn't seem to work..

Can someone please help me understand what is going on in this case?

mguliani
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: API problem with concurrent access

Post by mguliani » 15 Jun 2016 07:59

Hey guys,

Any ideas here?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Re: API problem with concurrent access

Post by eduramiba » 15 Jun 2016 08:14

Depends on what you do, but I would say most of these features do graph.readLock and unlock when necessary.

If you are doing changes to the graph like adding columns, and have concurrent access, I would try to use the graph readLock/writeLock where necessary.