Help with creating a layout plugin

Once it's running
suryanash
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Re: Help with creating a layout plugin

Post by suryanash » 23 May 2016 12:03

Is there any other reason why the layout might not be listed there? I tried running mvn org.gephi:gephi-maven-plugin:run in from the root (gephi-plugins) folder but the same thing happened as when I run it through netbeans, the plugin doesnt appear in the layout drop down.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by eduramiba » 23 May 2016 12:20

You should not specify any version in your dependencies at https://github.com/suryanash/gephi-plug ... in/pom.xml
Also never depend on the gephi-toolkit in a gephi-plugins project.

So, just include the separate modules that you need without versions:

Code: Select all

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.gephi</groupId>
    <artifactId>graph-api</artifactId>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.gephi</groupId>
    <artifactId>ui-propertyeditor</artifactId>
</dependency>
You will probably also need Layout API etc. The complete list of modules is here https://github.com/suryanash/gephi-plug ... es/pom.xml

suryanash

Post by suryanash » 23 May 2016 14:30

Thanks, I have updated it now by correcting what you mentioned. The "Reactor Summary" for the build process however still says "SKIPPED" for my plugin, and the layout is not listed in the layout drop down, do you know how I might go about fixing the "SKIPPED" issue?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 23 May 2016 14:39

That's strange. Try to do a mvn install first, before the run command. If still not working, try to debug the maven build with -X option.

suryanash

Post by suryanash » 23 May 2016 15:05

Ah thanks, running install with the debug option helped me find the issue. The build was failing with the following:

[ERROR] Project uses classes from transitive module org.netbeans.api:org-openide-util:jar:RELEASE81 which will not be accessible at runtime.
[INFO]     To fix the problem, add this module as direct dependency. For OSGi bundles that are supposed to be wrapped in NetBeans modules, use the useOSGiDependencies=false parameter
Which I solved by adding the following to my pom.xml

<dependency>
   <groupId>org.netbeans.api</groupId>
   <artifactId>org-openide-util</artifactId>
</dependency>
I can now see the layout when I run gephi-plugins, Thanks!

maryjohn

Post by maryjohn » 09 Aug 2016 11:57

Hi,
In your modules section there can be only one module that other modules do not depend on. Also try to use gephi-plugins instead, not sure if the bootcamp is completely updated.