Gephi Doesn't Run

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
davidp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gephi Doesn't Run

Post by davidp » 25 Mar 2015 12:55

I'm just installing Gephi on a new Windows 7 machine.
I get the splash screen but it closes with no application running.

* Gephi version

0.8.2-beta

* Operating system, if you know the architecture (32/64 bits) let us know.
Windows 7 6.1 x86

* Details gathered from the online test. Graphic card vendor, model and OpenGL version.
OpenGL version:
Vendor:
NVIDIA Corporation
Renderer:
GeForce GTX 750 Ti/PCIe/SSE2
Java:
version: 25.40­b25
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM, Oracle Corporation

* If possible graphic card drivers version.

Log file
haven't located it.
*UPDATE*
located log file in AppData.
The last bit of the file includes this message:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class org.openide.util.WeakListenerImpl$ProxyListener can not access a member of class org.openide.filesystems.$Proxy0 with modifiers "public"

davidp
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Gephi Doesn't Run

Post by davidp » 23 Apr 2015 22:46

Hey ho, another abandoned support forum.

xptrxptr

Post by xptrxptr » 08 May 2015 09:48

I was informed by a friend to look at the Gephi page a long time ago (I think in 2007 or 2008).
What did I notice first? At that time the main Gephi page had a big black obituary in the middle saying:
      GEPHI WILL MAKE PAJEK DIE!!!
I am always impressed how situation in real life usually turns in a completely orthogonal direction:
Pajek is in 2015 more alive than ever, while Gephi is dead.
Poor users send questions to the mailing list and get no reply...

davidp

Post by davidp » 28 May 2015 01:20

Perhaps Pajek should have a tombstone for Gephi on the main page.

Meanwhile, a message from the Gephi Forum machinery about the Pajek website at

Code: Select all

mrvar.fdv.uni-lj.si/pajek/
The domain

uni-lj.si
you have posted has been blocked because it is blacklisted. For details please see

ahbl.org/lktool?lookup=uni-lj.si.
An entry on the blacklist may have several reasons:
1. You are a well-known spammer.
2. Last time a well-known spammer was using the dynamic IP address which you got from your ISP (Internet Service Provider), your e-mail address or the username you have choosen.
3. Your ISP is well-known for a lot of spamming customers and is not fighting against spammers enough.[/b]

pegerp

Post by pegerp » 29 May 2015 08:27

The warning about blacklisting appears with any URL. It's indeed sad that Gephi's development has stalled :(