Ranking and Degree

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tryinghard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ranking and Degree

Post by tryinghard » 22 Jun 2014 19:20

HI,

I am a new to Gephi, and love the tool. I am trying to create a network diagram of my companies internal Social Network Site. My Nodes are different divsions/departments and how are they using the site. For eg. Dept, A,B, C And D have created 10, 5,3,4 Groups and 20, 10,6, 8 Discussions respectively.

Now using the above data, when I set the size of the node but Groups and Discussions have the same Rank, so both appear the same size; however, there are 22 Groups but 44 Discussions, so the Node Rank and Size of the discussion should be more than Groups and that is not the case using Degree as rank parameter.

Any thoughts?

Thanks...

tryinghard
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Ranking and Degree

Post by tryinghard » 23 Jun 2014 11:41

Hi,

Any thoughts on this guys?

Thanks,

Vineet

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 24 Jun 2014 12:54

Hi,
Sorry but the description of your problem is not crystal clear. Could you rephrase?
Best,

Clement

tryinghard

Post by tryinghard » 24 Jun 2014 15:52

Ok, let me rephrase it.
We have Division A, B, C, and D. and Different types of content for eg, Groups, Documents, Poll, Questions etc.

Division A creates 10 groups, 5 Documents, 5 Poll and 5 Question
Division B creates 20 Groups, 10 Docs, 10 Poll and 10 questions
Division C Creates 30 groups, 15 docs, 15 Polls and 15 question
Division D Creates 40 groups, 20 docs, 20 Polls and 20 question

so total groups created are 40+30+20+10 = 100 and total documents created are 20+15+10+5 = 50

even though number of Groups are double the number of documents, the size of Group Node is the same as the size of the Document Node, because the Rank using "Degree" as Rank Parameter is the same.
Hope I am able to explain it better.

Vongow

Post by Vongow » 01 Jul 2014 13:14

Hey there,

If I understand your problem (not sure I do), you might want to use "Weighted degree" instead of "Degree".
If this does not do the trick, maybe you could post a sample of your data.

Fare well,

Vongo