Selecting Multiple Edges

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
obbila
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Selecting Multiple Edges

Post by obbila » 22 Apr 2014 18:07

I have trying to select and colour selected groups of edges in my graph. To do this I have been trying to import edge attributes and filter by these. To do this I create a .csv with source, target and attribute columns for all edges in the network. When I import this using the Data Laboratory the attribute column appears but it is empty and for some reason the weights column in the Data Laboratory has increased uniform ally by one for all of the edges.

I have tried importing both strings and integers in the attribute column and the result is the same.

If you have a fix for this or an alternative solution I would love to hear it.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Selecting Multiple Edges

Post by seinecle » 23 Apr 2014 16:17

Hi,

Can you post a sample of your csv so that we can have a look? It might be a simple spelling mistake in the header, for example.

Best,

Clement

obbila
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by obbila » 23 Apr 2014 17:59

Here are the first 10 lines of the .csv

Thanks

Oliver
Attachments
Example.csv
(341Bytes)Downloaded 226 times

francis_flavin

Post by francis_flavin » 23 Apr 2014 20:48

Hi obbila,

I've had some problems importing edge weights in CSV spreadsheets before. On import, some of the values in the "Weight" column would be changed slightly. For example, if all my edge weights were 1.0, most of the rows would have the value 1.0 in the "Weight" column, but other rows might have the value 3.0, 5.5, or 8.0. I didn't figure out what the problem was, though. I did figure out a workaround. I created another column in my spreadsheet called "Weight2" and those values, on import, never got garbled. So, when I imported a big spreadsheet into Gephi, I just used the "Copy data to another column" button and overwrote the values in "Weight" with the values in "Weight2".

I'm not sure that this is your problem, but I thought I'd float it by you anyway.

Good luck!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 23 Apr 2014 20:58

Hi,
I could import the file without any problem (see screenshot). Did that by just importing the file through the datalab ("import spreadsheet"), without changing any parameter. The problem might lay in a line below in your file?

Best,

Clement
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg

obbila

Post by obbila » 24 Apr 2014 11:04

Hi Clement

Sorry to be a bore but I still cannot work out what I am doing wrong. Here is a number of screenshots showing the settings I use to create the example network and then import the edge attribute spreadsheet. I get the same result as before. Would you be able to check my settings I have to make sure I have not accidentally changed any?

Here is what I do
1. Start Gephi.app and open a graph file
test.csv
(200Bytes)Downloaded 214 times
the import settings I have for this are in the screenshot:
test.csv Import.png
After import the data laboratory looks like this in the edges tab:
Test.csv Network.png
2. In the Data laboratory I import the spreadsheet Example.csv (attached above). For the import the general options look like this:
Import Example.csv General options.png
and the import settings look like this:
Example.csv Import Settings.png
3. At the end of it this is how my data laboratory looks:
After Example.csv Spreadsheet Import.png
Thanks