Source, Target columns don't activate when importing CSVfile

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lmrincon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Source, Target columns don't activate when importing CSVfile

Post by lmrincon » 25 Mar 2014 23:34

Hi everyone,
Hope you can give me a hand with this.
When I try to import an Edges file, Gephi does not recognize the Source and Target columns, they don't "activate", they appear gray in the list of imported columns, and so I am not able to import the data.
I tried with one nodes and one edges file that I have used before, and it does the same thing, very strange. But older projects are opened OK.
I am just beginning with this project, so for the time being I am using very simple files (attached)
I removed Gephi and installed it again twice and the problem persists.
Many thanks!
Attachments
Edges Gephi.csv
This is the Edges file
(2.43KiB)Downloaded 194 times
Nodes.csv
This is the nodes file
(76Bytes)Downloaded 167 times

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Source, Target columns don't activate when importing CSV

Post by seinecle » 27 Mar 2014 18:10

Hi,

The nodes file imports alright.

In your edges file there is the same edge (1-> 2) repeated many times. Only one will be considered.
Also, you give them an "Id" attribute which should take unique values, but here there are just two (H and M).

This needs to be fixed to insure a smooth import. Then, take extra care of importing nodes first, then edges. For both, make sure you select "semi-colon" as a field separator since your files are formatted this way.

Best,

Clement

lmrincon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Source, Target columns don't activate when importing CSV

Post by lmrincon » 28 Mar 2014 13:52

Good day Clement.
OK, it works.
I had forgotten the fact that, once an edge has been created between two nodes, all subsequent links between those two nodes will be added to the same edge (increasing its weight), even if the links are of different nature.
Many thanks for your reply and advice!
Best regards,
Luis

ilyunk

importing CSVfile, cannot activate edges

Post by ilyunk » 26 Apr 2014 20:44

Hi,
I am keep failing edges csv file into Gephi. In case of nodes, it was fine.
I attached my csv files below and I would appreciate if I could get your assistance.
Thank you.

Ilyun
Attachments
Nodes3.csv
(3.53KiB)Downloaded 171 times
edges2.csv
(5.63KiB)Downloaded 151 times