less than 100% preview saving

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vieirae
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
less than 100% preview saving

Post by vieirae » 06 Nov 2013 19:21

Hello, I set my preview ratio to 50% and then attempted to save the graph in pdf or one of the other two other formats. However, what is saved is at an 100% preview ratio. How can I save a graph at a 50% preview in order to make the graph easier to read? Thank you. Ed

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: less than 100% preview saving

Post by admin » 06 Nov 2013 22:03

Hi, this feature should be only used to speed up the preview process. Hidden nodes and edges are chosen randomly, so it should'n be used to read the graph and interpret it.

vieirae

Post by vieirae » 07 Nov 2013 00:08

Thank you, Sebastien. Is there a way in which I can reduce the nodes (and communities) in the preview setting to the most influential other than deleting some nodes from the data file? I am using Gephi for content analysis. Any guidance is appreciated. Thank you. Ed

pegerp

Post by pegerp » 07 Nov 2013 08:16

Hi vieirae.

You could use filters to remove unwanted nodes. For example compute Eigenvector Centrality statistic. Then filter out the nodes that are below some threshold using Filters > Attributes > Range > Eigenvector Centrality filter.

Also notice that you can go to Data Laboratory tab. Then select some nodes and right click > Copy to new workspace. This way you can copy part of the graph to a new workspace so you don't have to manage whole graph all the time. For example after filtering you could copy all remaining nodes to a new workspace.

vieirae

Post by vieirae » 07 Nov 2013 13:33

Thank you for these excellent suggestions.
Ed

vieirae

Post by vieirae » 12 Nov 2013 23:38

Greetings:

I have three questions, If I may:

1) Is there available a document that explains all of the filtering tools in Gephi?
2) Please excuse the rudimentary nature of my question. What exactly is the partition count filter?
3) How might I filter specific betweenness centrality value ranges for communities? In other words, I wish to create a graph with the top six betweenness centrality nodes per each community. So, the ranges vary (rank ordered top six) by community. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Ed