[SOLVED] Labeling selective nodes

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ajegga
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Labeling selective nodes

Post by ajegga » 27 May 2010 13:54

Is there a way by which I can display labels of only select nodes? I am thinking probably there is thru the filters option but I couldn't figure it out. Even if is there, I wanted to know if there's a way I can by-pass the filter selected nodes. In other words, if there's an "important" node in my graph (whose label is not displayed because it gets filtered out) and I want to display its label. I can do this once I export the image but it becomes quite painful if my network is huge and if I have a handful of "important nodes".

Thanks
Anil Jegga

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Labeling selective nodes

Post by mbastian » 27 May 2010 18:09

Hi, yes you can do that from the visualization options. If you look at the visualization tutorial, page 15 it is explained.

At the end of the tutorial, you also have details how to transform labels size. It could be a way to make your "important" node label big and others very small.

ajegga

Post by ajegga » 28 May 2010 00:58

Thanks Mathieu. But this works only in the Graph panel (which is good for browsing) and not in the preview. I was wondering if there was a way I can label a bunch of select nodes which are viewable in the preview and therefore will be part of the exported image.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 29 May 2010 00:13

Yes correct, that may be fixed in a future release, but this not possible for the moment.

There is a workaround however:
1. Export the complete network without labels
2. Filter the netowrk and keep only nodes with labels you need
3. Export the filtered network, with only labels
4. Merge both images on Inkscape or Illustrator

I know it's not the best...