First time - error saving project!

Once it's running
jplerxt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
First time - error saving project!

Post by jplerxt » 18 Apr 2013 18:32

Hi,

First time using Gephi, v0.8.2. I'm running Win7, created a project, loaded my node and edge csv files, and build a graph, etc. Time to save the project, but could not. :cry: Received a NullPointerException error dialog, and words that Gephi could not open the project and to check the file extension. Gephi created an empty file, could not open that either.

Not a great first try - is there something else I need to do here?

thanks,
JP Lee

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: First time - error saving project!

Post by admin » 18 Apr 2013 18:40

Hi, can you provide the content of the error dialog?

jplerxt

Post by jplerxt » 18 Apr 2013 18:50

Hi - thanks fot he quick reply! Well, I was able to recreate the project, and successfully save my graph. If the problem pops up again I will include the error message, though it was rather brief - "Gephi could not open the project, be sure that it has the .gephi extension". That was about it. Thought it was odd since I was trying to save the project.

JP

jplerxt

Post by jplerxt » 18 Apr 2013 19:09

Hmmmm, I cannot open the saved project now - I double clicked on the file icon (file says Gephi Project file, and is 2,228KB), and received the following warning message:

The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file havs the .gephi extension.

NullPointerException - null

This is the same "warning" message that I received earlier when trying to save the project file for the first time.
The client then seemed to just hang - the launch never progressed, and I just have a frozen splash screen. I still have ~3.5GB RAM available.

Finally, I tried the following:

1. Launch Gephi 0.8.2.
2. Open the project file from the running application.

This "worked" sort-of, but the problem here is that the original "default" graph - the big square of nodes you typically get initially, seemed to be overlayed-mixed in with the refined graph that I saved - with filtering, coloring and layout - see the attached image.

More confused that before.

JP
Attachments
wtf.PNG
messed up project file.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 18 Apr 2013 22:19

Can you share the .gephi file so that we can see where it is corrupted? Thanks

jplerxt

Post by jplerxt » 23 Apr 2013 15:20

Hi,

Attached is the file. I cannot open this via double-clicking on it - get the error message about an improper file, and the splash screen just hangs. Not present in my task manager - cannot kill it. If I open gephi, then try to load the file, I get the messed-up viz seen above (earlier message).

Would be great if I can get further beyond these save-load problems. It looks like a nice tool.

JP
Attachments
ona.gephi
problem file.
(2.16MiB)Downloaded 833 times

StephenT

Post by StephenT » 27 Apr 2013 01:05

I believe I'm getting a very similar problem, but without seeing the NullPointerException error.

After importing my Nodes and Edges from separate CSV files, I save the project as a Gephi file and see no errors. But when reopening this document, nothing appears. However, if I perform no different actions and export to a GDF first, I *can* reopen that file successfully. However, I still can't save a .gephi file from that .gdf and reopen that .gephi without it appearing empty.

I should add that I can successfully save .gephi files from the example .gexf and .gdf files provided on the wiki, so I suspect it's something particular to my dataset. However, from what I can tell everything is formatted correctly.

I have attached both the files in question. Help appreciated!

Platform:
Mac OS X 10.8.3
MacBook Pro with Retina Display 13"
Gephi 0.8.2
Attachments
MovementTexas2011-combined.gdf
GDF exported before saving
(5.58KiB)Downloaded 763 times
Movement to Texas 2011.gephi
Gephi file saved from CSVs
(8.02KiB)Downloaded 863 times

jplerxt

Post by jplerxt » 03 May 2013 13:44

Any progress or ideas, Gephi team?

thanks,
JP

jplerxt

Post by jplerxt » 14 May 2013 18:54

Anything?

Rats.

rogorido

Post by rogorido » 22 May 2013 22:21

are there any news about this issue? Thanks!