[SOLVED] Change languaje

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
L.J.
[SOLVED] Change languaje

Post by L.J. » 04 May 2012 10:46

Hello,

Although I know that looks nice and cool that when you download something the software is automatically installed in the languaje of the country in which you are... I really dislike that just for three reasons: 1º the name and the order of the options you are used to, I'm using gephi since version 0.6, changes. 2º I work in English, and is quite anoying to continously change between languajes. 3º Although ppl may think that everybody working in a country speaks the languaje of that country, its not necessary the case.

Nevertheless, the main problem is that the option to change the languaje (Tools --> languaje) doesn't work (at least in the spanish version of it). After triying it appears an error message that says something like "Languaje couldnt be changed, try to do it by hand modifiying the following file /etc/gephi.conf"

After opening the file "gephi.conf" I'm clueless about how to change the languaje:
Here is the file:

Code: Select all

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform
default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/0.8.1/dev"
default_mac_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/${APPNAME}/0.8.1/dev"

# options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit
# command line switches
default_options="--branding gephi -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx512m -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -J-Dnetbeans.indexing.noFileRefresh=true"
# for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
#jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

# clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices)
#extra_clusters=
I promise a more constructive post the next time,
Yours
LJ

PS: it's me or once I open a directed network the In and Out degree are no longer appear as parameters to clasify nodes by size and color?
Last edited by L.J. on 07 May 2012 16:18, edited 1 time in total.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Change languaje

Post by eduramiba » 04 May 2012 12:44

Hi,
The language change option works, but if Gephi does not have permissions to change files, it shows that error.
That is likely to happen because you installed Gephi under program files in windows vista/7.
Run Gephi as administrator, change language, and that should fix the problem.

Eduardo

L.J.

Re: Change languaje

Post by L.J. » 07 May 2012 14:36

To modify the file by hand, this is what should be written:

Code: Select all

# command line switches
default_options="--branding gephi -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx512m -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -J-Dnetbeans.indexing.noFileRefresh=true -J-Duser.language=en"

fergaldublin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [SOLVED] Change languaje

Post by fergaldublin » 15 Mar 2013 11:25

Hi, I've changed my gephi.conf file to your parameters but i'm still getting the same error. This is the file

# ${HOME} will be replaced by user home directory according to platform
default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/0.8.2/dev"
default_mac_userdir="${HOME}/Library/Application Support/${APPNAME}/0.8.2/dev"

# options used by the launcher by default, can be overridden by explicit
# command line switches
default_options="--branding gephi -J-Xms64m -J-Xmx1024m -J-Xverify:none -J-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true -J-Dsun.awt.noerasebackground=true -J-Dnetbeans.indexing.noFileRefresh=true -J-Dplugin.manager.check.interval=EVERY_DAY"
# for development purposes you may wish to append: -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea

# default location of JDK/JRE, can be overridden by using --jdkhome <dir> switch
#jdkhome="/path/to/jdk"

# clusters' paths separated by path.separator (semicolon on Windows, colon on Unices)
#extra_clusters=

nnoori

Re: [SOLVED] Change languaje

Post by nnoori » 12 Feb 2014 14:39

Either change the gephi.conf by setting the defaults or change the permissions of the folder where the Gephi is installed. The second option worked as a charm for me.
cheers..!