error while trying to save the gephi project file

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ajegga
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
error while trying to save the gephi project file

Post by ajegga » 19 Jan 2012 19:33

Hi

I am having two problems. First, I am unable to save the gephi project (.gephi) and second when I open previously saved gephi project files (.gephi) and make changes and try to save them, I cannot. The problem is sometimes it works and most times it doesn't as a result I am losing all the changes. Here's the error message. I even tried reinstalling gephi but that didn't help either. I would really appreciate any suggestions/help.

Thanks
Anil

The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file has .gephi extension.

ClassCastException - com.itextpdf.text.Rectangle cannot be cast to java.awt.Rectangle
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -2
at java.lang.String.substring(Unknown Source)
at org.gephi.desktop.project.ProjectControllerUIImpl$4.run(ProjectControllerUIImpl.java:219)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
[catch] at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:148)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: error while trying to save the gephi project file

Post by mbastian » 28 Jan 2012 19:33

Hi, would you mind sending me your file mathieu.bastian [at] gephi.org so I can have a look what's wrong in our code? Thanks

madita1524

Post by madita1524 » 02 Feb 2012 11:39

Hi,
I have the same problem.
When I try to save my project, I often get the following message:

The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file has .gephi extension.
ClassCastException - com.itextpdf.text.Rectangle cannot be cast to java.awt.Rectangle

Sometimes I manage to save it, but when I try to open it the following message appears:

NumberFormatException - For input string: "3E7"

Do you find anything out or have any idea what I can do about it?
Thanks a lot,
Madita

k0ala1

Post by k0ala1 » 09 Mar 2012 13:55

I regularly get the same problem:

Product Version: Gephi 0.8 beta
Java: 1.6.0_29; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 20.4-b02
System: Windows XP version 5.1 running on x86; Cp1252; en_GB (gephi)

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 12 Mar 2012 01:29

Looking into it. This is tracked on Issue #553.

EDIT: Issue fixed. I'll be released in the next update very soon.

myselfine

Post by myselfine » 13 Mar 2012 16:44

I get the error message when I want to save the gephi file. I do not get it when exporting to PDF (actually PDF export works fine).

The bug fix seems to be with respect to a different bug.

myselfine

Post by myselfine » 13 Mar 2012 17:33

I just found a work around: Copying nodes to a new workspace, deleting the old workspace. Now I can save the project to *.gephi

I created a Bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/gephi/+bug/954203

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 13 Mar 2012 20:33

This issue is fixed in the development version. We'll release a new Gephi version soon with this fix included. Stay tuned by subcribing to the gephi-announce list or follow us on Twitter.

eli.gnv

Post by eli.gnv » 06 May 2012 09:34

Hello,

I downloaded this week the new Gephi version (0.8.1-beta) but I still have the same problem as descibed previously in this forum when I save my graphs....

Here are the error messages that I get...
When I save my files:
" The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file has a .gephi extension
NullPointerException - null"

However it saves the file (with a .gephi extension) but when I try to open it i get this error and the file doesn't open:
"The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file has a .gephi extension
XMLStreamException - ParseError at [raw,col]:[1,1]

Is this the same error as previously described? I understood that this error was fixed with the new version of the program...

Note that it saves correctly the files if i duplicate the workspace, delete the old one and "save as" the new one.

thank you for your answer
Best
E.

schlackschlack

Post by schlackschlack » 06 Jun 2012 22:13

I'm also getting the same issue. I'm importing a Neo4j graph using the Neo4j import plugin. The import goes fine. I get a good graph in Gephi that I can manipulate and explore, but upon saving, I get the same errors reported above. There is a file that gets written out to disk, but it's a zero kb file. I have the newest version of Gephi.