basis of Eigenvector centrality calculation?

Once it's running
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AJOwens
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
basis of Eigenvector centrality calculation?

Post by AJOwens » 01 Dec 2011 18:44

HI, I'm struggling with a concept and I hope someone here can help.

As I understand it, the eigenvalue of a node is calculated iteratively with reference to the eigenvalues of all nodes on the network.

What I don't understand is the initial value assignment. Is it safe to say that for the initial iteration, the degree centrality of the nodes is used (as opposed to the betweenness or closeness, for example)?

Or am I completely at sea and asking the wrong question?

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable