Cannot open my project:The project file couldn't be opened.

Once it's running
thecoolboy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cannot open my project:The project file couldn't be opened.

Post by thecoolboy » 26 Oct 2011 18:09

Whenever I try to open up my project file, I get the following error:

The project file couldn't be opened. Please check the file has .gephi extension.

ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException - 0

How can I open my file, it is very important for me. I would appreciate for any help.

Thanks.

thecoolboy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cannot open my project:The project file couldn't be open

Post by thecoolboy » 27 Oct 2011 21:52

Any ideas? I would be very glad if you could help me with that issue.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 27 Oct 2011 23:35

Hi,
Does it happen double clicking the file or with File - Open?
Was the .gephi file saved from a previous version of gephi? (it should work, but problems appear sometimes).

Eduardo

thecoolboy

Post by thecoolboy » 31 Oct 2011 18:12

It happens in both double-clicking the file and opening with File-Open.

No, the .gephi file saved on the same version(0.8 beta). I still can't open it.

Actually I was working of many new added workspaces. Then the program asked me something about memory, "not enough memory, would you like to increase your memory to bla bla bla" after I said yes it saved the project and closed. Then I could not open the file. Also, it created a temporary file which ends with.gephi_temp extension.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 Nov 2011 01:02

Oops then it was probably not saved correctly because lack of memory.

Eduardo

thecoolboy

Post by thecoolboy » 01 Nov 2011 15:25

Do you mean the file was corrupted? If so is there any way to open up the .gephi file and look into it?

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 01 Nov 2011 17:21

Hi,

Yes, if I remember well, a .gephi is a zipped XML.

thecoolboy

Post by thecoolboy » 02 Nov 2011 22:15

I unzipped the .gephi file by looked at its xml content. I am now sure there is something wrong with the .gephi structure, but I couldn't figure it out.

I attached the zipped version to this message so that you can unzip and look at it. I would be very happy if you could help me with that.
Attachments
test_interest_network_of_livejournal.zip
(1000.93KiB)Downloaded 170 times

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 03 Nov 2011 06:21

Thanks, that helps. I'll look into that and try to reproduce the bug.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 03 Nov 2011 13:19

Hi,

I have been playing with the file and the problem is that it contains too many workspaces (106).
Gephi seems to create one thread per worspace when loading the project and that makes java crash with an out of memory exception.

Code: Select all

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
	at java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
	at java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:640)
	at org.gephi.data.attributes.event.AttributeEventManager.start(AttributeEventManager.java:199)
	at org.gephi.data.attributes.model.IndexedAttributeModel.<init>(IndexedAttributeModel.java:62)
	at org.gephi.data.attributes.AttributeContollerImpl.getModel(AttributeContollerImpl.java:104)
	at org.gephi.visualization.opengl.text.TextManager$2.propertyChange(TextManager.java:152)
	at org.gephi.visualization.VizModel$1.run(VizModel.java:116)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:641)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$000(EventQueue.java:84)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:602)
	at java.awt.EventQueue$1.run(EventQueue.java:600)
	at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
	at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:87)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:611)
	at org.netbeans.core.TimableEventQueue.dispatchEvent(TimableEventQueue.java:148)
[catch] at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:269)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:184)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:174)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:169)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:161)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.core.GraphStructure.<init>(GraphStructure.java:87)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.core.Dhns.<init>(Dhns.java:108)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.newDhns(DhnsGraphController.java:75)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.getCurrentDhns(DhnsGraphController.java:91)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.getModel(DhnsGraphController.java:105)
	at org.gephi.visualization.bridge.DHNSDataBridge.updateWorld(DHNSDataBridge.java:111)
	at org.gephi.visualization.opengl.compatibility.CompatibilityEngine.updateWorld(CompatibilityEngine.java:202)
	at org.gephi.visualization.opengl.compatibility.CompatibilityScheduler.updateWorld(CompatibilityScheduler.java:306)
	at org.gephi.visualization.scheduler.SimpleFPSAnimator.run(SimpleFPSAnimator.java:79)
SEVERE [org.openide.util.Exceptions]
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.core.GraphStructure.<init>(GraphStructure.java:87)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.core.Dhns.<init>(Dhns.java:108)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.newDhns(DhnsGraphController.java:75)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.getCurrentDhns(DhnsGraphController.java:91)
	at org.gephi.graph.dhns.DhnsGraphController.getModel(DhnsGraphController.java:105)
	at org.gephi.visualization.bridge.DHNSDataBridge.updateWorld(DHNSDataBridge.java:111)
	at org.gephi.visualization.opengl.compatibility.CompatibilityEngine.updateWorld(CompatibilityEngine.java:202)
	at org.gephi.visualization.opengl.compatibility.CompatibilityScheduler.updateWorld(CompatibilityScheduler.java:306)
[catch] at org.gephi.visualization.scheduler.SimpleFPSAnimator.run(SimpleFPSAnimator.java:79)
I manually removed workspaces from the file until my current machine (32 bit java, maybe 64 bit could do better) was able to load the .gephi file without crashing.
I attach the file with the first 77 workspaces preserved.

Eduardo
Attachments
test_interest_network_of_livejournal.zip
(772.93KiB)Downloaded 153 times