[FILLED] I need to hire someone to enter all my data for me

Job, internship, and consulting announcements related to Gephi
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
simonmcintyre
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FILLED] I need to hire someone to enter all my data for me

Post by simonmcintyre » 05 Jan 2012 07:17

I am hoping someone out there can help. I am doing my phd, and want to use gephi to make various social media relationships.

I have all the data in excel format, but it will need a bit of jigging to get into the right format for Gephi. I don't know how to do this, and have received a few hundred bucks from my university to help me pay someone to do this for me.

I did have someone lined up, but they pulled out at the last minute leaving me in a bit of a bind. I only have until the 13th of January to submit an invoice from the person doing the work to my university so they can pay the bill.

Does anyone out there want a few hours work? Please reply if you do, or if you know where I can find someone who might.

Tanks very much for any help you can offer...

kagupta
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I need to hire someone to enter all my data for me

Post by kagupta » 06 Jan 2012 01:47

Let me know if I can help you.

Contact me at kap.kgp@gmail.com

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 06 Jan 2012 14:16

Hi,

could you provide more details on the number of data rows, how much it is paid and how?

Thanks

simonmcintyre

Post by simonmcintyre » 09 Jan 2012 03:44

Thanks very much for the replies guys. I have had a couple of PMs too which is great. Everyone is asking for more details (fair enough!) so here is an overview of what I need. As you can see there is actually not that much data to be processed, which is why I am hoping someone can earn some good profit and get this job done in a day or two.

If someone can get each of these working in the right format, I can fill in any gaps in data that may not be complete etc now myself later on.

+++++++++
PROBLEM
I had someone lined up to enter all my data in Gephi for me, but they pulled out at the last minute, leaving only days for the job to be done - paperwork for payment has to be in to my university by January 13! Meaning I would have to have an invoice ASAP.

The job would have to be completed in the next 2 or 3 days! (I know I know, I've been left in a dodgy position!)

PAYMENT
My university has given me AU$850 I can spend on this. I would have to be invoiced by the person who ends up doing the job, and if in Australia they need an ABN number. I will have to check on requirements for overseas people.

JOB OVERVIEW
Basically my aim is to see if I can map several different networks surrounding the distribution of the Learning to Teach Online project http://online.cofa.unsw.edu.au/learning ... o-episodes, so that I can conduct analysis in conjunction with my other research about how information has been transferred and accepted into different professional networks around the world. It is very important that I can examine all of the data below via a timeline to see when events happened, so I can cross reference and find connections.

I have manually put together spreadsheets of information about the following layers of information about these networks. Note some standardisation of the formatting would be required - this is what I need you for! :)

NOTE - Geographic coordinates (and the ability to map info geographically in Gephi), and time information (the ability to animate the spread in Gephi) are paramount for me.

1. Twitter (490 rows, 8 columns per row)
I have recorded users who have tweeted about the project, their number of followers (potential impact), and their geographic position. I have (believe it or not), a word doc with all the tweets and dates in it, but this still needs to be added to the spreadsheet - something I could do if you cannot retrieve actual API data (which I think may be difficult). I also need my own twitter posts mapped on another 'layer', so I can see what effect my own tweets had - but I should be able to add this myself once I see the correct Gephi format. Hopefully the API feed of this can be extracted from twitter - I can sort through this to show only relevant tweets if you could get it for me.

2. Personal blog posts about the project (29 rows, 10 columns per row)
Similarly, I have recorded details about each blog post about the project around the world, and I have recorded the number of referrals from each back to our site. Missing from this is YouTube data about plays of videos from the projects in embedded sites - this is important but I am not sure how to retrieve this information.

3. Institutional Links (48 rows, 9 columns per row)
Another spreadsheet shows links different instittuions around the world have made to our project, detailing the date and how many referrals they sent our way. Again some embedded Youtube videos, and I need to get how many plays came from such embeds from YouTube somehow. I would need help with this.

4. Program use (35 rows, 10 columns per row)
Again I have a spreadsheet that contains a list of all of the institutions around the world that I could find, that are using our resources in their own professional development or educational programs, and again including referrals back. Similarly some embedded videos and I need to get the play data from YouTube somehow.

5. OER (6 rows, 9 columns per row)
Another sheet shows total number of referrals to our site from different OER. I think perhaps I could get the data from google analytics to plot timelines of this for each.

WHAT I'D LIKE
Is to map in Gephi all of these layers of information, so I can examine them separately, or overlay them into one diagram. As mentioned previously it is crucial that they are all put on a timeline I can animate so that I can see how they influence each other when played out. I will also link them to other events such as the release of different Learning to Teach Online episodes over time.

WHAT I'D ASK OF THE PERSON I'D HIRE
I have most of the data in spreadsheets, but I do not know how to put it into a format Gephi likes. I have experimented and got geographic data to map, but then it stops working when I add extra columns. I'd also like things like number of referrals to be represented by node size, and colour to show weblinks or video embeds.

So basically I'd need you to format the data in its correct format for Gephi, import the csv files, and assemble each layer of information as a map that shows timing, impact (referrals, etc). Then I imagine I myself could export animations of each layer, and combine them myself in final cut or after effects etc to show relationships.

+++++++

Let me know if you would like me to email you a copy of the spreadsheets so you can see the amount of work involved! Thanks very much for your quick responses.

DATA EXAMPLE - Below is a map I made manually in illustrator (yes I know - crazy) of the Twitter data showing location of those who tween excel file of the twitter data so you can get an idea of what the data looks like now.
Attachments
LTTO Retweeters 02-11-11(done).xlsx
Excel spreadsheet of Twitter data for example
(84.17KiB)Downloaded 819 times