Drawing curved edges in Gephi

Please use a mailing-list, see http://gephi.org/developers/
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
maktas
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Drawing curved edges in Gephi

Post by maktas » 27 Apr 2013 21:15

Hi all,

I'm trying to implement a hiveplot layout in Gephi, but until now I couldn't find a way for drawing curved edges in Gephi. In preview mode, however, curved edges are seen as predefined. I would like to ask whether there is any way to draw curved edges or not in the graph screen.

Another question I would like to ask is how to generate dropdown menus, I mean in which API are they?

Thanks.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Drawing curved edges in Gephi

Post by admin » 27 Apr 2013 21:20

Hi,

That's cool that you implement this layout, I'm excited to try it!
whether there is any way to draw curved edges or not in the graph screen
it's not possible.

maktas

Post by maktas » 28 Apr 2013 18:37

Hi again,

I'm just trying to implement the algorithm for sorting the nodes and the basic implementation right now. I think it would be cooler if the drawing curved edges would be available in Gephi.
By the way I've found out how to take parameters from a dropdown menu. Now, I wonder if it's possible to draw axes (straight lines to locate the nodes on) in a graph? I think it must be possible, but I don't know how to draw it.

maktas

Post by maktas » 30 Apr 2013 17:53

Hi,

In the attachment you can find a Picture from the first version of Hiveplot Layout that I have implemented. As I said it would be better if curved edges were available in Gephi. Moreover, I did not get an answer about whether drawing axes on the graph is possible or not. Together with these, still there are things to improve in the plugin, such as a dynamic input panel depending on the user's choice of number of axes. I would be glad to hear your comments and suggestions.

Thanks.
Attachments
Hiveplot.jpg

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 01 May 2013 20:43

Hi,
Great :)

Graph window drawing is not really extensible for now, since Visualization module is not modular enough.
Special elements can be rendered in Preview only, creating a Preview plugin http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/HowTo_w ... w_renderer.

You can create custom input panel for your own classes with Custom PropertyEditors http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/ ... ation.html
Eduardo

maktas

Post by maktas » 20 May 2013 02:41

Hi Edu,

Thanks for your reply. Finally I have finished the dynamic input panel for my layout plugin using JPanel. It is not excellent but better than a static one. I also have uploaded my plugin to the marketplace, so I hope it gets accepted soon and everyone can give it a try. I am attaching a screenshot from the final appearance of the layout.

Regards.
Attachments
hiveplot_layout.jpg