How get value each edge using PageRank?

Please use a mailing-list, see http://gephi.org/developers/
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
spdiana
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How get value each edge using PageRank?

Post by spdiana » 04 Dec 2012 13:14

Hi,

How to use the pagerank algorithm? And how do I print pagerank values ​​generated for each edge?

spdiana
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How get value each edge using PageRank?

Post by spdiana » 04 Dec 2012 13:31

How to use the pagerank algorithm? And how do I print pagerank values ​​generated for each node?

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 04 Dec 2012 15:29

To do that, go the statistics panel and run the "Page Rank" module (just a click of a button).

This opens a report window that is just informative, you can close it.

Then, you find your page rank values in the data laboratory (Gephi is divided in 3 main views: Overview, Datalaboratory, and Preview. Click on "data laboratory").

If you want to save your network on your disk, just click on File -> Export -> Graph file. The Page Rank values will be saved with your network if you select a network format which allows for attributes, such as graphml or gexf.

Best,

Clement

pauldmitchell13

Post by pauldmitchell13 » 06 Jun 2013 04:16

spdiana wrote:How to use the pagerank algorithm? And how do I print pagerank values ​​generated for each node?
It may look daunting to non-mathematicians, but the PageRank algorithm is in fact elegantly simple and is calculated as follows:

PR(A) = (1-d) + d (PR(T1)/C(T1) + ... + PR(Tn)/C(Tn))
where PR(A) is the PageRank of a page A
PR(T1) is the PageRank of a page T1
C(T1) is the number of outgoing links from the page T1
d is a damping factor in the range 0 < d < 1, usually set to 0.85

The PageRank of a web page is therefore calculated as a sum of the PageRanks of all pages linking to it (its incoming links), divided by the number of links on each of those pages (its outgoing links).

I found this information from http://www.markhorrell.com/seo/pagerank.html . Hope, it will help you to understand.

Regards
Paul D. Mitchell
Web consulting

faubke

Post by faubke » 23 Jul 2013 15:31

Let me add a question to this post:
Can I define a starting point (i.e. set Homepage to pagerank 1), or is the first node automatically selected as the home page? The pagerank scores are normalized so that the adjacency matrix sums to 1, can I just transform the scores so that the homepage has score 1?

Cheers
Florian