[SOLVED] Statistics Definitions

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rshelley
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Statistics Definitions

Post by rshelley » 17 Feb 2011 22:58

So the Gephi Statistics panel has a lot of great stats I can run across a data set. However, I don't really know which to be using for different use cases, and the "Help" menu doesn't contain any documents around them. I know (or think I know) what Modularity does as it was part of one of the tutorials, but there isn't really much info around the rest. Some of it I can derive from the name, but how it might relate to my data is a bit difficult to understand. Before-and-After graphs and explanations around how to interpret the result would be helpful. Is there a resource I'm missing? Thanks!

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Statistics Definitions

Post by admin » 18 Feb 2011 09:54

Hi,

Let's have a look at the wiki: http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Category:Measure

There are some pointers to the scientific literature and quick explanations.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 18 Feb 2011 21:45

Hi,

Most of the metrics will find an intuitive explanation here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_net ... k_analysis

Best,

Clement

rshelley

Post by rshelley » 20 Feb 2011 08:40

Thanks guys, much appreciated!