[SOLVED] data table window and csv export

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
daniel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] data table window and csv export

Post by daniel » 20 Dec 2010 14:25

Hello,

I got a little issue with the data table view : It seems limited to 20 columns of attributes for the nodes (Id and Label included). The problem is I got 24 attributes in my gexf file, so some of them are lost, even when I export to csv. Only the 20 first in an arbitrary order are written to the csv file or visible in the data table window.

Also it would be nice to have an horizontal scrollbar in the data table view, because depending on your screen size, things can get unreadable pretty quickly :D

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: data table window and csv export

Post by admin » 20 Dec 2010 15:24

Hi,

you can choose the different 20 columns by selecting them inside the Data Lab (see the bulb icon). But yes, displaying more is useless...

daniel

Post by daniel » 20 Dec 2010 16:03

Thanks,

I hadn't noticed the bulb. The magic wand underneath didn't let me select the other columns but this should do the trick :D

Solmaz

Post by Solmaz » 04 May 2011 09:49

Hi, I'm trying to show the network between authors by using Gephi 0.8 but i found some problems.
first i tried adding my data from csv file containing the names,countries & field of study in each research but when i use import/spreadsheet it takes all the names from columns of Country & Field as new nodes and no edges! if i add data manually in data laboratory the nodes will be appear as name of the authors but no edges to connect them toghether. Can you help me with this? If you can give me a solution to add all my data once in csv file.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 04 May 2011 09:57

Hi,

You need 2 different tables for nodes and edges. Please read this tutorial: http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Import_CSV_Data

cheers

Solmaz

Post by Solmaz » 04 May 2011 10:34

Sorry but I didn't get anything from the link. Why should i take two tables? I have a csv file that shows the relations with names (which works properly) and i want to add more columns to existing data but it takes all my new data as new nodes. what shall i do?!

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 04 May 2011 10:39

Ok, you should uncheck the option "Force nodes to be created as new ones" in the bottom of the second import windows.

Solmaz

Post by Solmaz » 04 May 2011 11:10

Thanks alot! I can't say anymore just thank you. You solve my big problem.