[SOLVED] Epsilon in Pagerank?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gerenda
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Epsilon in Pagerank?

Post by Gerenda » 16 Dec 2010 19:15

Hi,

I'm a new Gephi user and I could not discover what does the variable Epsilon, in Pagerank, stands for.

It says that is a stopping criterion, but what does the number that I enter mean? Can anyone explain please?

Thank you all.

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Epsilon in Pagerank?

Post by admin » 16 Dec 2010 21:52

Hi,

It is used to simulate the behavior of a user visiting websites by randomly "jumping" from one to another.

Details are explained following the links on this page: http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/PageRank

HTH