Modularity of network with two communities

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CodeIt
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Modularity of network with two communities

Post by CodeIt » 23 Nov 2017 13:24

Hello,
I have an undirected network with nodes A, B, C, D, E and edges A-B, A-C, B-C, B-D, D-E. Gephi gives a value of 0.22 through the Modularity statistics application.
I used the algorithm without randomizing and without edge weight, only the resolution 1.0.
I received the two communities A, B, C and D, E.
If I try to recalculate the modularity myself, I come to a value of 0.277777777.
Can someone explain to me with which formula the modularity is calculated or how to get the value 0.22?

Thanks in advance

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Modularity of network with two communities

Post by eduramiba » 23 Nov 2017 14:01