All centrality measures showing either 0 or 1.

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
joshisanonymous
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
All centrality measures showing either 0 or 1.

Post by joshisanonymous » 23 Feb 2017 22:00

I have a number of directed weighted random graphs and I can't seem to get any values other than 0 or 1 for any centrality measures. I get the same result whether I run the statistics on a graph with 15 nodes or a graph with 22,000 nodes. I also get the same results whether I run the statistics as directed or not and normalized or not. I know there's nothing wrong with my installation since these statistics are produced correctly when I run them on the Les Misérables network. Is there something I'm missing?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: All centrality measures showing either 0 or 1.

Post by eduramiba » 23 Feb 2017 22:03

Is any exception being shown (check lower right corner of the program)?

joshisanonymous

Post by joshisanonymous » 23 Feb 2017 22:14

eduramiba wrote:
23 Feb 2017 22:03
Is any exception being shown (check lower right corner of the program)?
None that I can find.

Zapata

Post by Zapata » 01 Mar 2017 13:58

To be on the safe side: Did you check if the values are actually 0 and 1 or if it is just a question of number formatting? E.g., values could be shown as rounded to the next integer but actually have digits.

joshisanonymous

Post by joshisanonymous » 01 Mar 2017 21:37

Zapata wrote:
01 Mar 2017 13:58
To be on the safe side: Did you check if the values are actually 0 and 1 or if it is just a question of number formatting? E.g., values could be shown as rounded to the next integer but actually have digits.
Thanks for the reply. I double checked and the values for every node in the data laboratory are either 0 or 1 for eccentricity, closeness, harmonic closeness, and betweenness. To clarify my original post, degree measures, authority, PageRank, etc. return real values, but none of the centrality measures generated by running Network Diameter do.