[FIXED] How to add and change attributes

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hameleon-ed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] How to add and change attributes

Post by hameleon-ed » 15 Sep 2010 12:12

Hi!
I'm new user, and I can't understand some question about how work with attributes of nodes.
1/ How to add new specific attributes?
2/ How to change value of attribute at many selected nodes?
3/ Can I use Data table for change parameters or i can only view?
4/ Can I use manual changing of colour of nodes or distance between them for create value of specific attribute?

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to add and change attributes

Post by admin » 15 Sep 2010 13:28

Hi,

Q1-2-3: these features will be available on the Data Lab released in Gephi 0.7beta (coming soon): http://gephi.org/2010/introducing-data-laboratory/

Q4: I don't think it's possible, but I can imagine the outcomes...and it is worth to dig on it. Do you have an example on how you would use these values?

hameleon-ed

Post by hameleon-ed » 15 Sep 2010 14:42

Q4:
I think it's will be very useful at case when you're not importing data into Gephi, but you're constructing new graph. Visual data mapping can make lighten development new net.
Example of work: You can construct graph with moving node to other distances which can extrapolate to fractional or integer values of attributes (mass, temperature, social status, group of stratification). It can be realise with sizes, brightness or hue also.

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 26 Sep 2010 17:10

Q4 is also released within the new data laboratory coming