[TODO] Data laboratory: reversing the directions of edges?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
[TODO] Data laboratory: reversing the directions of edges?

Post by seinecle » 08 Sep 2010 11:01

Hi,

I found it a frequent need to be able to quickly change the direction of my edges (that is, inverting the direction of all edges: if I have a graph made of a->b and b->c, it would become b->a and c->b. It basically consists in transposing the matrix of nodes.

Will it be possible to achieve this easily with the new data laboratory?

[this feature is useful when computing betweenness and many other things, as it does not give the same result for a transposed matrix. See UCINET]

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Data laboratory: reversing the directions of edges?

Post by eduramiba » 08 Sep 2010 13:39

Hi, this is a good idea that could be useful as a data laboratory action.
I will think how to implement it, some edges could not be possible to be reversed in some cases.

Eduardo

miro.marchi
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [TODO] Data laboratory: reversing the directions of edge

Post by miro.marchi » 24 Dec 2013 11:53

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Re: [TODO] Data laboratory: reversing the directions of edge

Post by eduramiba » 08 Jan 2014 20:56

Sorry, this is not implemented (it's still considered for implementation) since it wasn't critical or very needed.

Eduardo