Modularity grouping - what does the weight mean?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ilikeit
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Modularity grouping - what does the weight mean?

Post by ilikeit » 27 Nov 2014 12:40

Hi,

If I apply Modularity to parition the graph and then group the nodes, according to which rule do the edges between the groups get assigned weights?

I thought that if group A is connected to group B, the edge would have the weight equal to the number of edges connecting any node from A to any node in B, but that is not the case.

Can anybody help me or guide me to a URL where this is expalined?

Best regrads!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable