Define number (range) of clusters

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
patent_guy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Define number (range) of clusters

Post by patent_guy » 02 Oct 2014 22:36

Hi, I have a data set of ~10k nodes and ~30k edges. When I run modularity I get ~800 clusters. I would like to get more like 20 clusters.

Changing resolution does not materially change number of clusters.

Is there a way in gephi to pre-define the number (or an acceptable range of a number, eg 10-30) clusters?

If not, suggestions for alternative programs/algorithms to try?

Many thanks.

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable