Modularity optimization Question

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
crpo1593
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Modularity optimization Question

Post by crpo1593 » 22 Aug 2014 21:42

Hi all,

I am new to Gephi. I have tried the modularity optimization algorithm on a directed and weighted network and found some pretty good results. Now I want to make sue I interpret the process correctly. As far as I understand the algorithm while taking in consideration the weights of the connections, treats a directed network as indirect. First, is that correct? Second, if so, does that mean that if I have a connection with you weighted as 3, and you have a connection with me weighted as 4, then the new weight (when getting from an direct to indirect network) is 7?

Thank you!

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable