Meaning behind modularity numbers

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jinges
Meaning behind modularity numbers

Post by jinges » 20 Jun 2014 12:47

Hello Forum,

first of all thanks for this great tool! I love gephi, using it since years now.

Now I have a question about the Network Overview measure Modularity. Lets say I run it and the algorithm creates 4 groups (1,2,3,4). Is 1 more 'related' to 2 than to 4? Or are the numbers of the groups meaningless?

Created this graphic here: http://culturegraphy.com/movies/by-modularity/

I pre-calculated the modularity in gephi and now I'm looking for the 'meaning' behind the visual.

Thanks for any comment,

Kim

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable