community is too big

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DrEvel1
community is too big

Post by DrEvel1 » 30 Apr 2014 00:49

I have a network of about 300 members, with about 850 edges. I'm trying to see if there are communities among these nodes. However, when I use Modularity to group the nodes, I wind up with one group with about 97% of the nodes, while the remainder are divided into about 5 or six groups. Are there any parameters that I can tweak to see if there are better groupings that might actually be informative?

I'm new to Gephi, and quite impressed. I did my first network analyses back in the early 1980s, when many of the basic routines required writing my own FORTRAN programs to implement different algorithms. Lots of fun. This is better.

Thanks!

JD

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable