Edges between different types of nodes?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lydiaa
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Edges between different types of nodes?

Post by lydiaa » 09 Mar 2014 03:21

Hi all,

If I have two general types of nodes (rather, that my nodes all have one of two options for an attribute) is it possible to see the data for how many A-A links there are, how many B-B links, and how many A-B links? Even better would be something along the lines of "X node (type A) is connected to 32 A and 13 B nodes".

I have few enough nodes that it would be theoretically possible to count by hand, but I'd rather avoid that. Any help would be much appreciated!

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Edges between different types of nodes?

Post by seinecle » 12 Mar 2014 01:13

Hi,
Seems like you'd need to write a bit of script for that, outside of Gephi. Any programming language (Python, Java, R ...) would have libraries to help you.

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable