Distance Metric

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Gnut123
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Distance Metric

Post by Gnut123 » 19 Nov 2013 17:10

Hey all,

as far as I understand the current implementation, the distance between two adjacent nodes is defined as the weight of the connecting edge (Dijkstra). It doesn't seem possible to switch to metrics that are based on the Newman interpretation, where the distance between two adjacent nodes is defined as the inverse of the former.

My questions are:
1) Is my assumption correct?
2) If yes: is there an easy way to switch to the Newman point of view?
3) If yes: I would suggest an implementation for a future release. Where should I do that?

Looking forward to your answers,
gnut

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable