Filters & questions

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
vieirae
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Filters & questions

Post by vieirae » 11 Nov 2013 19:37

Greetings:

I have three questions, If I may:

1) Is there available a document that explains all of the filtering tools in Gephi?
2) Please excuse the rudimentary nature of my question. What exactly is the partition count filter?
3) How might I filter specific betweenness centrality value ranges for communities? In other words, I wish to create a graph with the top six betweenness centrality nodes per each community. So, the ranges vary (rank ordered top six) by community. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Ed

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Filters & questions

Post by seinecle » 13 Nov 2013 23:13

Hi Ed,

1. Not to my knowledge. Trust me that's on a priority list somewhere.
2. It will filter out all nodes belonging to partitions that have less than n members (you decide what n is with a slider)
3. For such complex filtering queries I'd personally write a plugin for that, not expecting filters to be pwoerful enough in a near future to accomplish that. In contrast, that's trivial to realize in a plugin. That implies coding in Java and some time getting familiar with the way to code plugins, however. Sorry there is not a straightforward answer...

Best,

Clement

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 13 Nov 2013 23:15

PS: you can get a hint on what each filter does by selecting the filter with the mouse. Then you can hover on it with the mouse, and a one line description is displayed. That's how I got the explanation for the partition count filter - verifying then its functioning on Les Miserables.gexf! ;)

vieirae
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by vieirae » 30 Sep 2014 12:55

Clement:

I use Gephi for content analysis (text network analysis). I assume that edges are determined by contiguous placement of nodes or a 2 word (node) gap pass. Questions:

1) Can Gephi be modified to include a 5 word (node) gap as well so that the 2 and 5 word (node) passes are weighted? Also, would these two approaches have different modularity class results?
2) I assume that a directed or undirected graph will result in different modularity classes. Is this correct?

Thank you.

Ed

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 30 Sep 2014 19:46

Hi Ed,
I have difficulties understanding your question, because if this "gap pass" expression that I don't know. Can you possibly rephrase your problem in a different way? ;-) Thanks!
Best,
Clement

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 30 Sep 2014 19:47

Hi,
Also, open this question as a new issue, for clarity! (ie, not on this thread)

jmoyano

Post by jmoyano » 02 Oct 2014 15:08

Hi,
How you work with "text network analysis"?, I have not found a plugin in this web.

I found two years ago (https://gephi.org/plugins/alchemyapi-plugin/) but now doesn't work

please, can you help me?

best regards

julio