[SOLVED] Implementation of Blondel / Louvain cluster?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
seinecle
Gephi Community Support
[SOLVED] Implementation of Blondel / Louvain cluster?

Post by seinecle » 08 Jun 2010 12:14

Hi,

I would like to have a look at the source for the algorithm used for clustering (Blondel/ Louvain algorithm). Could you point to me where (which folder, basically) I could find it?

Also, I would like to learn from the "Hello World" plugin which can be downloaded from the website. Once it is downloaded, how do I integrate it in the Gephi project in the Netbeans platform?

Thx!

Clement.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Implementation of Blondel / Louvain cluster?

Post by mbastian » 08 Jun 2010 21:36

I would like to have a look at the source for the algorithm used for clustering (Blondel/ Louvain algorithm). Could you point to me where (which folder, basically) I could find it?
You can find it in the StatisticsPlugin folder, the file is Modularity.java
Also, I would like to learn from the "Hello World" plugin which can be downloaded from the website. Once it is downloaded, how do I integrate it in the Gephi project in the Netbeans platform?
The plugin you download from the plugin portal is not the source code, only the compiled version. I'll look if I can find the code and come back to you.

ps: I moved the topic here, GSOC forum is reserved to the Google Summer of Code issues

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 12 Jun 2010 09:33

Thanks!

Yes indeed, I would be interested in the source version of the Hello World plug-in. Also, if possible, with a short explanation on how integrate it in the GEPHI source in Netbeans.

Like that, I will have a good starting point to create my own plug-ins!

Best,

Clement

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by admin » 13 Jun 2010 18:22

Hi,

The whole code is available as a tutorial here.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Post by seinecle » 16 Jun 2010 10:25

Fantastic, thx!

dianarosa

Re: [SOLVED] Implementation of Blondel / Louvain cluster?

Post by dianarosa » 20 Dec 2011 19:13

Hi, I want to test/integrate a new clustering algorithm into gephi. Could anyone provide some hints? For example, where to put the algorithm, under the statistics panel or in the clustering option (near MCL)? Is there any tutorial or any written paper for that? Thanks in advance...
Diana Rosa.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: [SOLVED] Implementation of Blondel / Louvain cluster?

Post by seinecle » 30 Apr 2012 22:15

Hi Diana,

I did not see your comment until now. Any progress on your plugin? What kind of clustering algorithm would it be?

Best,

Clement