Reseting ranking in data table

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kalmari Krapula
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Reseting ranking in data table

Post by Kalmari Krapula » 30 Sep 2013 23:45

Hello!
I'm working with network consisting around 1700 nodes and 2500 edges. While trying to colour them I accidently clicked 'Group' command in Overview, at once I clicked 'Ungroup' and continued colouring as usual. After done all the colouring, I went back to the Data Lab and to the Data Table, but noticed that ranking/sorting of my data was messed up. There was absolutely no logic order in there. I tried to click buttons 'Node', 'Label', 'Id' and a column heading of my own. My problem is that sorting by Id will not sort them in logic way (like 1, 2, 11, 40, etc.) but illogic way (like 1, 11, 2, 40, etc.). Also sorting by Label is very illogic, actually just miaxed with no logic at all. And sorting by Node is the same, sorting by my own column it will also sort it for couple of clicks only, then it mixes it again.

Is there some way to reset Data Tables sorting/ranking options? I'm using 0.8.2 beta version.

I'm a bit new user of Gephi, so I'm sorry if this is very common problem. Though I didn't find a thread about this berfore.

seinecle
Gephi Community Support

Re: Reseting ranking in data table

Post by seinecle » 02 Oct 2013 12:48

Hi,

The "group" command might have created new nodes and edges in our graph ("meta nodes" and "meta edges"), though I am not entirely sure since I did no use this function in a long time. The easier would be to re-import your graph, and start over? The problem surely does not come from Gephi itself.

Regarding the ordering, it is normal that you have something like "1,11,2". That's because the nodes are ordered according to their alphabetical order ("lexicographic ordering, I think is the technical term). In this logic, 11 comes before 2 because it starts with a 1.

Best,

Clement

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable