Creating a new column with matched values from list

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
timmaeus
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Creating a new column with matched values from list

Post by timmaeus » 30 Aug 2013 23:06

Hi all,

I have a hyperlink graph where each node (website) includes a column called 'PolicyDomain' with an assigned variable from 0 to 45. Each of these values matches up with a string value that specifies which policy domain that website falls into (e.g. 0 = "none", 1 = "Health", 2 = "Defence", etc).

Is there a way to match the variables in the PolicyDomain column with their assigned strings? It seems that regex might be an option, but I can't divine how to use it. The formula would be something like "if {PolicyDomain == 0} then {PolicyDomainString = 'none'}". I could do this 45 times to just create a new column with all the string values.

This way I can then sort by attribute PolicyDomainString when interacting with the graph.

Thanks,

Tim

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable