Edge - Weight Assigning Query?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
akash90gupta
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Edge - Weight Assigning Query?

Post by akash90gupta » 04 Aug 2013 01:01

Hi,

I have imported my data into Gephi in a directed network (with 10 nodes and 81 edges) but I am not being able to assign weights to the different edges to further compute centrality and other statistical inferences.

Firstly, I tried entering my different values for the weight on the respective directed edges but as soon as I enter the value in the column, the value disappears each time and hence I can't enter any values in the weight column.

Hence, I tried creating a new column by putting all my assigned weights in it and named it weight1, but gephi does not allow me to measure the degreeout/degreein values of the nodes when I am entering Window->Ranking. Within Ranking when I switch between nodes and edges and enter edges, I can only choose the rank parameter as weight not weight1 which was the new column I created and hence my weights assigned to the edges are not accounted for. I tried renaming weight1 to weight but it wouldn't let me name it to an existing name.

I am currently using Gephi 0.8.2 beta. What should I do to assign weights to all my nodes to compute statistical analysis on it?

Your help will be of great help! Thank you so much in advance!!

Cheers,
Akash

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable