[SOLVED] Getting and Setting Standart Columns

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
francis_flavin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Getting and Setting Standart Columns

Post by francis_flavin » 19 Feb 2013 02:34

I've been a big fan of the Recast Column plug-in and I have used it often in Gephi 0.8.1, especially for getting and setting the Standart columns.

Can this plug-in install for Gephi 0.8.2? The Gephi plug-in updater from the Gephi toolbar doesn't pick it up, and Gephi Marketplace indicates that it works with Gephi 0.8 and 0.8.1, but it says nothing about 0.8.2 or 0.9.

Is there a way to carry this plug-in forward or even integrate that functionality into Gephi's standard tools? Being able to get and set Standart values is a great benefit.

Thanks so much!

Francis

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Getting and Setting Standart Columns

Post by admin » 19 Feb 2013 08:38

Hi,

The plugin's author doesn't claim the compatibility but you can try to install it manually: download the 0.8.1 version, then in Gephi go to Tools > Plugins > Downloaded then select the downloaded file. If it's compatible it should work.

francis_flavin

Re: Getting and Setting Standart Columns

Post by francis_flavin » 20 Feb 2013 17:12

Thanks, Sebastien, for the quick reply.

I'm not entirely sure I understand the solution, though. Do I concurrently install Gephi 0.8.1 and 0.8.2 first, then load all the plugins from 0.8.1, then close 0.8.1 and open 0.8.2 and see if the the data lab plug-in works?

On another note, I emailed the author of the plug-in via address on the Gephi Marketplace page and within a few hours the plugin was configured so that it automatically downloads within 0.8.2. Thanks, Taras!

Francis