[SOLVED] Degree distribution

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
MK_geph
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Degree distribution

Post by MK_geph » 15 Jan 2013 20:42

Hi,

I am writing a master thesis and I am using Gephi for visualization and for some descriptive statistics
While I have a graph of 115.000 nodes and 183.000 edges the degree distribution tables produced by gephi are practically unreadable due to the size of the data. Is there an easy way to export the data of the degree distributions and plot them with excel maybe? :?
I will appreciate your help....I am on a deadline :(

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Degree distribution

Post by admin » 15 Jan 2013 21:18

Export the degree column from the data lab, then import this CSV file in R to plot the distribution.

MK_geph

Post by MK_geph » 15 Jan 2013 22:49

Thank you for your express reply
I am not familiar with R, is there any simpler way?

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 15 Jan 2013 23:00

Hi,
Excel is able to open CSV files.
If you export more than one column, semicolon as column separator works better for excel.

Eduardo

MK_geph

Post by MK_geph » 21 Jan 2013 16:58

Thank you guys for your replies, I managed to plot the distribution in excel.
it was not so difficult after all.. thank you