Cut Sets Measures

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Webbykk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cut Sets Measures

Post by Webbykk » 03 Jan 2013 07:17

Hi there
I am wanting to explore how to find out which nodes, by their removal, would break the connections in my network ie how do I find a "cut-set", I think it is called in graph theory.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Webbykk

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Cut Sets Measures

Post by admin » 03 Jan 2013 10:44

Hi,

A dirty trick is to use the Filters > Topology > Node degree and show only nodes below a threshold, then lower the threshold progressively using the UI. This way you'll get a glimpse of where you have critical nodes. You can replace the node degree by the betweenness centrality measure as well.

xptrxptr

Post by xptrxptr » 08 Jan 2013 13:49

This will not work: cut nodes can have small or large degree.
Even the node with the largest degree can be the one and only cut node in a graph.
Cut nodes are found as 'side effect' of biconnected components.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 08 Jan 2013 14:15

So I've not understood the question. Can you tell me more about the 'cut-set' measure?

xptrxptr

Post by xptrxptr » 08 Jan 2013 14:40

If I undrerstand Webbykk, he is interested in:
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/ArticulationVertex.html
But maybe I am wront as well, he should tell more explicitelly.