[SOLVED] Can´t compute Indegree/Outdegree

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
lmrincon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] Can´t compute Indegree/Outdegree

Post by lmrincon » 27 Oct 2012 17:21

Hi there. For some reason, I can't have Gephi calculate Indegree and Outdegree in a directed network. I have a network of directed and undirected edges, in this case I understand the Gephi will not calculate Indegree/Outdegree, so in the data laboratory I just see a column for Degree. When I then apply a filter to leave only the Directed edges I would expect Gephi to calculate Indegree/Outdegree, but I don't see the Indegree/Outdegree options or results in the data laboratory, it seems that Gephi is calculating only the degree as before, it does not calculate Indegree and Outdegree, or I don't know where to look for these values. Can anyone help me with this? I need to compute the Indegree and Outdegree of the nodes. Many thanks.

lmrincon
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Can´t compute Indegree/Outdegree

Post by lmrincon » 28 Oct 2012 01:24

I removed from the Edges file the undirected edges, and the In-Degree and Out-Degree are computed OK for the Directed graph. SOLVED.

lukean

Re: [SOLVED] Can´t compute Indegree/Outdegree

Post by lukean » 23 Jan 2013 20:31

FYI: I had the same problem. But solved by deleting the pre-set columns "Degree", "In-Degree", and "Out-Degree", before I hit the degree statistics.