[SOLVED] centrality measures (relative/absolute)

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
d-lam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] centrality measures (relative/absolute)

Post by d-lam » 11 May 2010 19:51

Hi,
I have a question about the centrality measures (degree, betweenness, closeness).

For example:
I have a network with 101 nodes.
A node with 50 direct links to another nodes has an absolute degree of 50 and a relative degree of 0,5!
Gephi shows me the absolute degree of 50.......but how can I get the relative degree of 0,5 (from Gephi)???

More important is it for betweenness and closeness, because for degree it is easy to convert.
For a network I analyse Gephi shows me a betweenness of 2675,372 or 426 or 68,392 or....for the nodes.
How can I get the relative measures between 0-1 (from Gephi)???
Is it possible?

I need it to compare different networks with different network-sizes!!!

Thanks & Greetings,
D-Lam

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: centrality measures (relative/absolute)

Post by mbastian » 14 May 2010 09:08

Yes I understand,

What you can do is copy/paste the column result from the Data Laboratory in Excel. Go to the Data Laboratory and click on Nodes, you should see "Betweenness Centrality" columns and so on. Just select all the nodes by doing Ctrl+A and copy by doing Ctrl+C. Then you can paste in Excel or OpenOffice.

This summer the Data Laboratory will get an 'Export as CSV' features for columns :-)

d-lam

Post by d-lam » 14 May 2010 12:18

Hi,
so I have to do it by myself with a formula in Excel.....I can't get it from Gephi directly?!?!?!

Thanks & Greetings,
d-lam

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 14 May 2010 23:27

Yes, we're still alpha version you know ;)

d-lam

Post by d-lam » 17 May 2010 13:41

It was just a dream....... :lol:

Thanks for the infos.