How to compute the K-CORE or K-SHELL?

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
gillxiao
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
How to compute the K-CORE or K-SHELL?

Post by gillxiao » 01 May 2012 17:49

anybody can tell me How to compute the K-CORE or K-SHELL?

i know that the filter support K-CORE, but i want to know each node's value.

mbastian
Gephi Architect
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How to compute the K-CORE or K-SHELL?

Post by mbastian » 02 May 2012 16:13

Thats a good question. The filter won't store the k values for nodes. You can create a plugin for doing that.

Also, what is K-shell? I don't know this metric.

thomasnielsen

Re: How to compute the K-CORE or K-SHELL?

Post by thomasnielsen » 02 May 2012 18:23

I recommend you read: http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0509102v3.pdf and http://arxiv.org/abs/cs/0504107
for information on what k-cores are and how you can visualize them.

I found the best way to have anything to do with k-cores was to use igraph to compute them, add them in a "metric" column in the data laboratory in Gephi and visualize it there.