[TODO] Statistics Report Export

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chris.hrd
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[TODO] Statistics Report Export

Post by chris.hrd » 15 Apr 2012 12:05

Hello.
Is there a way to export report data (e.g. Degree Report) to a text file of some sort? I would like to postprocess the data end create a plot using different software. Do I have to write my own Exporter or there already exists a plugin to do that?

regards,
chris

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Statistics Report Export

Post by admin » 15 Apr 2012 13:19

Not for the moment, but we plan to add this feature during this summer.

chris.hrd

Re: [TODO] Statistics Report Export

Post by chris.hrd » 15 Apr 2012 13:54

Thanks for a quick reply.
Anyway, I need to visualize certain statistical parameters (Degree distribution, among others). The plots the way they're organized right now are basically unreadable. For data visualization of this kind, an histogram would be more appropriate. Is it possible to write your own Exporter to extract appropriate data?

regards,
Chris

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 16 Apr 2012 03:22

We have plans to improve the reports this summer and will definitely add the ability to export the raw data. Keep an eye on the GSoC project:

http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Google_ ... ML5_Charts

chris.hrd

Post by chris.hrd » 01 May 2012 08:29

mbastian wrote:We have plans to improve the reports this summer and will definitely add the ability to export the raw data. Keep an eye on the GSoC project:

http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php/Google_ ... ML5_Charts
Thanks a lot! I will be definatelly looking forward to the results of this project.

gruebleen

Post by gruebleen » 27 Apr 2014 06:20

I just came across this thread while searching for hints on how to achieve this myself. Is the project still in the works, or has it been abandoned?

I'm interested in getting these data out for both static and dynamic graphs. There are several graphs for which I'd like to plot the evolution of node count and density, in other software where I can format the axes and correct for time offsets between the data sets. The html-png combination from the dynamic stats report is good for a quick indication, but not really suited for further processing.

Sometimes I'm also interested in how the centrality metrics of a single node, or of several individual nodes, evolve through time.

I wish that I could program well enough to contribute the solution!