[TODO] dynamic network metrics

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Oliver111
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[TODO] dynamic network metrics

Post by Oliver111 » 15 Nov 2011 09:36

Hi,

I just finish creating the first pilot of a dynamic network and ran all the dynamic metrics.
Now I need to export these values to create charts with time on the x-Axis. :idea:

My Questions:
Is there a way to export the values according to the html report shown in the pop up window (#edge, #node, degree)?
Is it possible to export the information of sparklines of dynamic degree in the data laboratory window? I tried it via "export table", but the format is quiet uncomfortabel to work with? time and value is written in one field and needs some major restrucuturing to visualise with Excel.

Thanks a lot

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: dynamic network metrics

Post by admin » 15 Nov 2011 23:17

Hi,

None of these are currently possible, sorry.

albertocottica

Re: [TODO] dynamic network metrics

Post by albertocottica » 03 Nov 2012 11:02

Just a minor note: researchers mainly concerned with social network analysis, are often doomed to dynamic analysis. Many forms of social interaction (like online conversation) produce social structure effects that are limited in time. A more dynamic analysis oriented Gephi would help a lot when studying this type of interaction.

Any "dynamized" property (modularity, density etc.) would be super-useful for what my group and I are trying to do.

admin
Gephi Community Manager

Post by admin » 03 Nov 2012 11:59

For the export, someone should code a plugin for the Data Lab to export a re-formatted column.

Dynamic density is available in the Statistics Panel.
Concerning the dynamic modularity, I agree. Someone should code the dynamic version of the algorithm, available on http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/inria-00492058/en/

gruebleen

Post by gruebleen » 13 May 2014 12:28

Is a plugin needed to get dynamic density? I don't see it in my statistics panel (vers 0.8.2) and haven't found a way to enable it.

I also would find it useful to have raw values of those dynamic calculations, from which to make charts for presentation, with multiple graphs overlaid on the same axes, and formatted for talks and publications. I can count up nodes and edges easily enough with AppleScripts, thanks to the legibility of gefx files, and post-process in R or Excel, but it would seem better for both users and Gephi's future to have the benefit of Gephi's own dynamic computations output as tables.

Dynamic views would also be good for the centrality measures of a selected node, or several selected nodes.

In theory, I guess that all this is easy... but who can do it — what should a novice learn, in order to be able to contribute?

schignell

Post by schignell » 25 Sep 2017 01:37

Have there been any updates to this in the last couple of years? I would really like to be able to export dynamic network metrics.