[FIXED] Simulation of OSN's

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lentin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[FIXED] Simulation of OSN's

Post by Lentin » 21 Aug 2011 19:49

Hello everybody,
I want to write program that simulates an OSN as good as possible.
The core attitudes should be: Clustering, power-law behaviour, small-world behavior.
I already have read some theoretical papers and approaches about this topic, but what I didn’t find yet, is an implementation of a growing network. Does anybody have some experiences on this topic? Maybe someone who wrote an algorithm for a growing network?
Anything will help me
Thank you in advance!

sjx19871109
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Simulation of OSN's

Post by sjx19871109 » 22 Aug 2011 09:00

I'm also very interested in social community detection on growing graph, waiting for some one to help.

cezar_1
Gephi Core Developer

Post by cezar_1 » 22 Aug 2011 12:03

As for the algorithm for a growing network you can try my plugin:

http://gephi.org/plugins/complex-generators/

Please beware of the Erdos-Renyi Gnp generator - it has got a little bug that will be removed in a future release (in September). There is also a little bug in the Generalized Barabasi Albert generator. If you're interested in the implementation you can download it from: https://code.launchpad.net/~gephi.team/gephi/generators Both bugs have been removed since 2068 rev.

Lentin

Post by Lentin » 23 Aug 2011 08:58

Thanks, that is great work!
Yes, I am indeed interested in the implementation!
As there exists a few other approaches, e.g. from Kumar et al. or the ALL-OR-NONE MODEL from Krapivsky and Lambionette, I would like to try to implement these approaches for Gephi....

Lentin

Post by Lentin » 23 Aug 2011 13:09

hey,
I have some troubles getting started the developing environmet.
I foloowed all the steps from http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php?title=G ... r_Handbook
and everything went well.
However, I have two (little) problems. the one is, how can I run gephi out of Netbeans?
simpy clicking on throws an exeption in a code fragment I'm not (yet) familiar with:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.0.1\harness\suite.xml:184: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.0.1\harness\build.xml:174: No dependent module org.netbeans.libs.junit4
the other thing is: were do I store the Code of the Generators? I assume in usr/gephi/generators
How do I then make it visible to NetBeans?
thanks!

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 25 Aug 2011 04:20

C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.0.1\harness\suite.xml:184: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:\Program Files\NetBeans 7.0.1\harness\build.xml:174: No dependent module org.netbeans.libs.junit4
I've seen that error before. Gephi uses JUnit but since Netbeans 7.0 JUnit is not shipped by default anymore. However when you open the Gephi project Netbeans should ask you if you want to install the JUnit plugin. If not, you can install the JUnit plugin from the Tools > Plugins menu in Netbeans.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 25 Aug 2011 16:31

Lentin wrote:hey,
I have some troubles getting started the developing environmet.
I foloowed all the steps from http://wiki.gephi.org/index.php?title=G ... r_Handbook
and everything went well.
However, I have two (little) problems. the one is, how can I run gephi out of Netbeans?
simpy clicking on throws an exeption in a code fragment I'm not (yet) familiar with:

Code: Select all

the other thing is: were do I store the Code of the Generators? I assume in usr/gephi/generators
How do I then make it visible to NetBeans?
thanks!
Hi,
Read this answer https://answers.launchpad.net/gephi/+question/167037
Unfortunately it is very common that Netbeans fails to install libraries like junit when Netbeans is under Program files (I think it is because of file permissions issues).

Eduardo,

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 26 Aug 2011 04:43

Eduardo can you file a Netbeans bug? I'm not sure we have all the elements to reproduce it but maybe they have some suggestions. I also would like to know why they removed JUnit in the first place.

eduramiba
Gephi Code Manager

Post by eduramiba » 26 Aug 2011 13:15

They have this bug reported at http://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=196500 and http://netbeans.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=200397
These descriptions are exactly what happened to me with a netbeans with installer (now I use zip distribution).

I am going to comment about it possibly being about file permissions there.

About JUnit, I think they removed it because of license issues.

Eduardo

mbastian
Gephi Architect

Post by mbastian » 12 Nov 2011 21:31

I'm happy to announce we solved this problem, forever.

The Netbeans Plaform is now included in the source (in the platform folder) so we don't need Netbeans anymore. In addition the JUnit libs are there too

To build Gephi one can just run 'ant' in command-line or from Netbeans.