[TODO] Changing edge type

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[TODO] Changing edge type

Post by admin » 24 May 2011 09:31

Hey dudes,

Is it possible to change the type of and edge (directed, undirected, mutual) in Gephi? It could be good to allow this in the Data Lab.

Cheers!

drgilpin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Changing edge type

Post by drgilpin » 15 Jan 2012 07:57

This is exactly the question I have. I've imported a .net file (Pajek), which specifies arcs and edges, but Gephi interpreted all ties as directed. But I don't seem to be able to edit the link type in the data laboratory, despite the fact that new ties can be added with different types specified.

Am I missing something?

pablo.duran

Re: [TODO] Changing edge type

Post by pablo.duran » 17 Oct 2013 21:55

Hi

I have exactly the same question. ¿Is there some solution?

Cheers,

pablo.duran

Post by pablo.duran » 17 Oct 2013 22:08

It's really easy ¬¬

You only have to put in one column "Type" and put all as undirected :D. I was doing this in spanish. For that reason it was not working.

¡Saludos!

sebc28

Post by sebc28 » 17 Sep 2014 20:29

Hey, I was having the same question, unfortunately, I cannot edit the Type column in the Edges table. (I even tried exporting the table, editing in Excel, and importing back, but that doesn't change the type, and actually creates new duplicates of nodes...).

Is there any other way to change the type?
Or more simply, is there an easy way to disable the arrows on the edges in the visual layout (just having a straight line is what I'd like)?