[SOLVED] self avoiding random walks

Computing metrics, community detection and data handling
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
dan iel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[SOLVED] self avoiding random walks

Post by dan iel » 14 Mar 2011 14:56

hello, i am working with gephi since 2 weeks and i am really satisfied with the results. Just one question:

can somebody tell me if it`s possible to generate a self avoiding random walk threw a directed network in gephi ? I want to simulate internet- users behavior in an website- network connected with hyperlinks. The random walk should start in an random choosen starting node and searches his way threw the network. Every link has the same possiblilty to get used. When the random walker can´t find a hyperlink or at latest after 10 "hops" the random walk should stop. This action should repeat 1000 times and after this i need the average value for the visited pages plus the number of times he couldn´t find any hyperlink at the starting page (zero RW).
Is there already a function for this?

Dan iel

admin
Gephi Community Manager
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: self avoiding random walks

Post by admin » 15 Mar 2011 11:29

Hi,

There is not a function but you can code a Statistics plugin for this. The closest metric we have is the HITS algorithm.